Dyno

Die Uebersicht

Moderator: gk

VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Dyno

Beitrag von VesaII »

Changing maps and editing is a interesting and never ending story, but mostly it is happening in a black box. You really do not know what you get, unless you have tools like this:
http://www.finjector.com/eng/lambdameters_eca_etc-101
https://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O2- ... 002719.htm
https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/pro ... l_plus.php

But even if you get AFR right, you do not know how much power you are producing. This why you need a dynamometer.

Again there is a but as dynamometers and procedures how they are run and software which is used to change mapping variates. Some dyno services are just looking for full open throttle numbers and are editing maps by hand with tools like Tunerpro, which is unnacceptable i think.

The way i choose dyno service suppier was based on software AJ-Bike uses. It iterates values toward choosen AFR and this done on all usable rpm and throttle positions, not just full open. This also is a must for driveability and street use.

First picture is a one session with different throttle openings and braking with dyno between each.
Bild

Result of first run with modified original mapping and AFR of it:
Bild

After 7-8 runs AFR was finally acceptable all the way:
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Mittwoch 10. Oktober 2018, 10:55, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Re: Dyno

Beitrag von VesaII »

After one interesting day in Vaasa, we finally had acceptable maps, one for each cylinder as both was measured individually.

Bild

Now engine runs superb when driving sporty. It is much more usable in wider rpm areas and throttle openings, but still some minor adjustment is needed, even manual, but especially with economy as goal is not to harm driveability. Next session or other Morinis will be more fast to run as AJ knows the bike and ECU now.

It is long way to perfection, even with dyno, but >80% is now done and i thank AJ-Bike for it. :)

This is my understanding at the moment and i hope others will share their dyno experieces as well...
Br,
Vesa
Falkone
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von Falkone »

Hi Vesa,
Congratulations for your own map.
I was never on a dyno.
½ Year ago, I bought me an Innovate LM-2 to adjust the mappings.
https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
My version is that device with one wideband sensor.
My time is very limited so I am not finished my map but I know there the way is ;-)
One questin to your last picture. Very interesting that your injection time at idle speed is more than 5.1ms. How much gas flow have your injectors?
My injectors are the IWP189 (510cc/min at 3bar) and my injection time is lower than 3.5ms. That is a huge differenz.

What i have noticed the last time. I had wrote 3.5ms in the map (idle rpm) but the live injection time (possible to see in ScanM5x APP) shows 2.9ms an it was a AFR ~13.8 .
I think the lamda controller has worked but I disabled it in tuner pro. Have you any experience with that?

Your statement:
“are editing maps by hand with tools like Tunerpro, which is unnacceptable i think”

Why is that unacceptable for you? Tuner Pro had a full rpm and Throttle table, too. It is completely customizable.
Moto Morini Shop: www.bessergemacht.de
Spezialteile für unsere 1200 Morinis.

Viele Grüße aus Dresden
Falko
get.freaky
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von get.freaky »

Hi Vesa,

this is nice to see, also congratulations.

So now you are gone most of the way.....

KR
Oliver
In meinem Herz schlägt es V2

Corsaro 1200 Compatto
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

get.freaky hat geschrieben:Hi Vesa,

this is nice to see, also congratulations.

So now you are gone most of the way.....

KR
Oliver
Hello Oliver and thanks

First dyno run is done but around 10hp is still missing ;)

And there is some real promlems too, like front cylinder has a gasket leak and it also behaves strangely and bike is a bit too jerky. This i need to sort out next winter.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Falkone hat geschrieben:Hi Vesa,
Congratulations for your own map.
I was never on a dyno.
½ Year ago, I bought me an Innovate LM-2 to adjust the mappings.
https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
My version is that device with one wideband sensor.
My time is very limited so I am not finished my map but I know there the way is ;-)
One questin to your last picture. Very interesting that your injection time at idle speed is more than 5.1ms. How much gas flow have your injectors?
My injectors are the IWP189 (510cc/min at 3bar) and my injection time is lower than 3.5ms. That is a huge differenz.

What i have noticed the last time. I had wrote 3.5ms in the map (idle rpm) but the live injection time (possible to see in ScanM5x APP) shows 2.9ms an it was a AFR ~13.8 .
I think the lamda controller has worked but I disabled it in tuner pro. Have you any experience with that?

Your statement:
“are editing maps by hand with tools like Tunerpro, which is unnacceptable i think”

Why is that unacceptable for you? Tuner Pro had a full rpm and Throttle table, too. It is completely customizable.
Thanks Falko

Your LM-2 looks interesting, as it is not just AFR meter. Pity, we do no live next door, other wise i had asked you if it is possible to rent it for a day ;)

Injector is 432cc/3bar and actually value on map is a result of dyno run and it makes around 12 AFR on idle on rear cylinder.

But on front cylinder same value it is not enough as it makes just 17+ AFR. There is some oddity in front cylinder. But anyway I need to change head gasket there and will same time check there is no issues with head like cracks. Strange issue this is and any ideas are highly appreciated, but rather on 9,5 engine rebuild -thread as this is more of mapping and dyno.

Lambda has been disabled all the time. Will try it after i get everything else in order.

If you have a basic AFR meter for 200e, then manual editing is only option. But i think it is unacceptable and unprofessional if you go to dyno, pay big money, and they do editing by hand and by guessing values on each cell. AJ-Bike had this software Firmtune, which calculates values based on information automatically collected with dyno and AFR meter on each cylinder. This was main reason i made a 800km trip to town Vaasa and paid 400e for dyno session or rather dyno day :)
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Re: Dyno

Beitrag von VesaII »

One more dyno run done with modified Boch injectors.

Low consumption on cruise was target (80-140kmh). Cause of this we logged proper area and adjusted accordingly (red and green area).
Lambda usage is not perfect yet, but even without it we now get 6l/100km when steady 80-100km/h.

New is much more lean on upper end and a bit more rich on low end, if compared with scrambler original mapping, which i used before.
Shootin in intake is almost non existent now.
Dateianhänge
scr.png
scr.png (243.79 KiB) 3082 mal betrachtet
Lean.png
Lean.png (241.44 KiB) 3084 mal betrachtet
Br,
Vesa
Antworten

Zurück zu „Mapping“