Suspension and Andreani adjustables

Alles zum jüngsten Spross im Hause

Moderator: gk

VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

TinTin hat geschrieben:
VesaII hat geschrieben: People say that even braking and cornering is improved, but sure if there is bumpy road, then improvement must be more obvious.

When buying from Omniracing, they ask your weight and application. For me it will be street, as street/track might be too hard i guess..

How is your configuration and did they explain why they choose it? And price?
I bought them from 8rgarage.com, ordered two (for GT1000 and V7 and paid 455 each. Just tried to look for current prices but they don't seem to exist anymore
They asked the same as Omnia, choose street as I am not a track day guy
8rgarage.com is only chinese or something now...

How about oil amount and viscosity? Was they much different to original?

How did you adjusted the system, front and rear, together and how much do you weight?
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

This alternative might be a bit more expensive than Andreanis

https://www.motorradonline.de/ratgeber/ ... torraeder/
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Andreanis are in place now and having rebound is a great thing.

Only problem is that they fitted them with much too stiff springs. Bumpy road is no fun. These are built for race track, not for road with uneven surface, which are the roads i most often choose to ride on country side.

Lets see how Omnia racing solves the problem.

Andreanis also are a few cm higher than originals. After taking picture they are lifted 10mm up, to begin with.

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Mittwoch 31. Juli 2019, 21:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
Ebi
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von Ebi »

Hi Vesa,
in the Andreanis you should use light oil (2,5W) for compression side, that works quite good.

br

Ebi
ich bin alt - ich darf das
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Ebi hat geschrieben:Hi Vesa,
in the Andreanis you should use light oil (2,5W) for compression side, that works quite good.

br

Ebi
Hi Ebi

Yes, i did not forget that. Have Motul synthetic on both and they works great.

Only problem is too hard springs. Even no comp on, but i guess it works great after i get softer springs.

Plan is also to put Paioli on shock dyno to see what needs to be done to get it on same tune as Andreani fork. This should be better and more affordable than a Wilbers strut. These guys have gear and competence for project www.ttmfactory.com
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Yes, front end is way too stiff.

Springs are 9,3 and Andreani is not willing to replace them with softer spring as their advisor, some Öhlins company, said it is just right for my bike. BS i say...

Andreani obviously make great hydraulics but they are not able to choose proper spring for 9,5. I feel.

My initial plan is to get 7,8 springs, but i wonder if anyone here have tried it or 8,3 or 8,8 ?
Br,
Vesa
brmoke
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von brmoke »

Hi Vesa,

in former times Andreani used the original springs together with their uprated hydraulics. Why don' t you try to measure the original spring rate and look if it fit' s to your needs. With simple modifications to the retaining collars or new ones it should be possible.
When I bought the cartridges for my Granpasso, they were delivered without springs and I wasn' t able to mount the original springs. One of the two retaining collars would have been to remanufacture (if I rememberwell it was the lower). I made a simple design for new collars to mount the original springs. After complaining at Andreani' s they told me to send in the complete fork without springs. They mounted their own springs, reassembled all with new seals and returned it to me without any charge :wink:
In the meantime I have discovered that the regulating range is easily modifiable by the amount the crown nut is screwed ans secured on the piston rod. I set it to have a regulation range of 5 turns from fully closed to fully open. For the rebound I use SAE7,5 and 3,5 turns from fully closed, for compression SAE2,5 and 0,75 turns from fully closed.

So long, Benedikt
Die kürzeste Verbindung zwischen zwei Punkten ist eine Gerade, die schönste eine Kurve !
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hi Benedikt

Thanks for nice tricks but i actually ordered 7.8 springs yesterday as Andreani offered them with discount.

And yes i have different grade of oil in each and piston rod has 15mm long threads so we have a few mm to adjust there too, if needed. This is good to know. Preload range is something like 15mm, forgot to measure it properly though...

Timo at www.ttmfactory.com promised to fine tune my forks on dyno and adjust even the amount of oil for correct air spring force

We will do it scientifically again with no guess work. He also like to make a video of process for educational use.

I am very exited about this, once more :)

Wonder if someone have measured sag values?

Mine was:
Static = 26mm
With Me = +12mm
Even with very hard braking fork stays 30mm of the bottom, which is some 55mm of the visual bottom.
No comp
No preload

In other words: much to stiff
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Replaced 9,3 springs with 7,8 and raised oil level to 130mm. No preload
This gives static 37 + 11 = 48mm

Weight of front end is 95kg dry. 125kg when me on (80kg)

Very promising in other words. But if there is something that is not possible to adjust by my self, then i will bring forks to Timo and his dyno.
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Donnerstag 18. Juni 2020, 16:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hello

First impression after 1000km is very positive.

7,8 fork springs are great for basic riding and even for some spirited riding, even on less good roads, which i prefer. They even eat big speed bumps like charm. No hitting on wrists anymore. I guess it is too soft only if you like to do HC wheelies or are a true track day devil.
Do not believe if Andreani people say 9,3 are preferred by Öhlins and works perfectly, as they do not, but are much too hard.

Öhlins 5mm longer and 20% stiffer spring on rear is also great and makes bike even more agile and keen to go to curves. Although rear is more stiff now, it still not feel as harsh as original, but more coherent when comp and rebound properly adjusted. Actually rear spring could be even harder if you carry lot of weight. Sag is now 7mm

Andreanis highly recommended and Paioli modification by www.ttmfactory.com/english + more stiff spring is a must!

This setup simply fits 9,5 character perfectly. It improves smoothness and my ability to to drive faster with increased confidence.

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Donnerstag 19. November 2020, 13:55, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Now after 3 track days and all kind of riding i am more and more happy with suspension. Great in town, great on speed bumps, great on gravel, great on track, great on bad condition tarmac with high speed, great on anything. No hitting on wrists, no typical Morin front and rear end pogoing anymore. Just smoother and better confidence everywhere.

And if your rear tyre looks like this on track days, then you are very well off with same setup. But if you drive faster and brake really hard (measured), then you might need more stiff front springs. But then all around comfort will suffer accordingly.

Bild

So, only thing left for suspension tuning, i feel now, is a final tuning for tyre wear with help of Dave Moss.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +tire+wear+
Br,
Vesa
Antworten

Zurück zu „9 1/2 und 1200 Sport“