ital-web.de Foren-Übersicht
Autor Nachricht

<  9 1/2 und 1200 Sport  ~  Paioli Federbein

VesaII
Verfasst am: 30.3.2019, 18:28 Antworten mit Zitat
Morinisti Morinisti
Initial adjustment done for 'sag' with 1/4 rule and my 'dry' weight 80kg and it is almost too much for the original spring. Hardness is turned off and rebound is in the middle 10 clicks.

Hopefully after 1-2 weeks adjustment continues in real life situation.

You tube was usefull once more, but feel free to comment as i'v never done this...

Zuletzt bearbeitet von VesaII am 30.3.2019, 20:50, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

Ebi
Verfasst am: 30.3.2019, 20:12 Antworten mit Zitat
Morinisti Morinisti
Hi Vesa,

tell me about the 1/4 rule and I tell you about my 1/3 rule Laughing

Spring looks very compressed.

BR

Ebi

Verfasst am: 30.3.2019, 20:37 Antworten mit Zitat
Morinisti Morinisti
Hello Ebi

Total movement is 17cm so 1/4 of it is 42,5mm. Accordingly 1/3 sag is 56mm

Hyphothesis is that when i have more weight on like bags, then it goes toward 1/3 and is still within limits.

Yes spring is quite compressed and need to be checked, or my hyphothesis falsified Smile

Ebi
Verfasst am: 31.3.2019, 10:13 Antworten mit Zitat
Morinisti Morinisti
Hi Vesa,
I found this description helpful:

Zitat:
Man nimmt die Maschine vom Ständer und drückt seitlich vom Tank stehend mit beiden Händen kräftig von oben auf das Spritfaß – am besten kurz vor der Sitzbank, etwa dort liegt meist der Schwerpunkt der Maschine. Beim kräftigen Drücken sollte die Fuhre nun sowohl vorn als auch hinten einigermaßen gleich weit einfedern. Wie gesagt: gleich weit, nicht gleich schnell. Denn meist spricht die Telegabel wegen der manchmal recht hohen Losbrechkraft zwischen Stand-und Tauchrohr ein bisschen schlechter und damit langsamer an als die Hinterradfederung. Federt jetzt die Maschine vorn und hinten gleich weit ein, hat man wenigstens schon mal die Gewähr,dass die Federung vorn und hinten einigermaßen harmoniert

If the balance is quite ok, you can start adjusting rebound/compression. If the rear spring is too weak, e.g. bike is out of balance, you can compensate this a little bit with higher compression adjustment (hardness) of the rear shock, but this is just a bad compromise.

br

Ebi

Verfasst am: 31.3.2019, 20:12 Antworten mit Zitat
Morinisti Morinisti
Thanks Ebi

Tried but could not properly test this. Tried even when standing on footpegs. Need to revisit this.

Anyway today i adjusted rear once more as it was not correct but too tight. Now rear sag is adjusted 42,5 (=1/4) and with old std spring i got 10mm free sag. Front has 20/20 and is not adjustable, yet.

https://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/mo-wrenching-how-to-set-suspension-sag

Ebi, how is your 1/3 values ?

VesaII
Verfasst am: 7.4.2019, 22:07 Antworten mit Zitat
Morinisti Morinisti
Lifted the rear even more.

Now it has 7mm own sag and 30mm with me. This is good point to start to lower the rear end, which is putting more sag thus altering the front end angle.

Been listening Dave Moss a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK3flKxf41U This guy really knows suspension. Highly recommended.

Ebis test indicated rear to be softer than front. Need to consult MotoVille...

VesaII
Verfasst am: 21.10.2019, 14:58 Antworten mit Zitat
Morinisti Morinisti
Changing oil and O-ring was not enough. Rebound did not came along. Having it shut completely, did not have almost any effect.

Cause of this i was forced to find a shop where they have a shock dyno and one best situated for me was www.ttmfactory.com

Company owner Timo put Paioli on dyno and found it to be very soft, but he found construction of strut to be actually quite good and with all adjustments needed. So there is no need to buy a expensive replacement for street use, as it is possible to improve this strut with only 160€ + freight of investment.

Worst part was return side and we adopted Öhlins kind of curve for it (blue line below) to keep it comfortable.

Cylinder is honed, piston reshimmed and shock filled with best oil for application.
Rebound is now perfect. It really makes difference when clicking out or in.
I often tune it while riding, just for fun Smile

For next season spring will be changed as it has lost some of tension and should be 10-15% stiffer.

I guess most of us need oil change as it should be done something like once in three years and this mod is easy to do while changing oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYyH32u0JIc

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden
Seite 2 von 2
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2
Neues Thema eröffnen

Gehe zu:  

Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.