Alles zum jüngsten Spross im Hause

Moderator: gk

morluk
Morinisti
Morinisti

Re: 9 1/2 Engine rebuild and other stuff

Beitrag von morluk »

Hi Vesa.
I think you are using a GranPasso map when the tps reset shows 2.0. This value is somewhere hidden inside the program or in a parameter that isn’t shown in our xdf file.
I have a variation of 0.2 Degree. With engine off 2.7 and engine on 2.5. Maybe it has something to with the voltage 12v engine off and 14.5v engine on.
Is the variation on your bikes also related on engine on/off. If yes, plug off the generator and run the engine only with the battery.
Maybe there is a bad connection on a connector.
MM Scrambler 1200
Honda CB 550 F2
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hi Morluk

I am testing furba_1_40 and first it was possible to reset it to 2,7 and suddenly not any more, but i will check things you mentioned.
Funny thing is that motor started like a dream when TPS was showing 0 degrees, but then i resetted it :)

Thanks very much for your ideas once more!
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Montag 3. Mai 2021, 16:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hi Drego

It should be activated. At least there is a mark in the check box
Br,
Vesa
drego
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von drego »

VesaII hat geschrieben: Montag 3. Mai 2021, 16:48 Hi Drego

It should be activated. At least there is a mark in the check box
Hi Vesall,
sorry, maybe someone else can comment on the exact meaning within JPDiag. I´m anything else than an expert in JPDiag and tried to get to the screen shown in your post, but couldn´t find it.
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hello guys

Some problems solved :)

By changing back the mapping 2 degrees issue was solved. Furba obviously is based on Granpasso mapping as per Heinz. Lambda was on. Removing dynamo did not help. Checked also airbox connectors and wires. They measure ok and looks good, both sides. Ordered a new TPS sensor (brand Magneti Marelli) just in case and cause it is the only electric part i have replaced during winter.

Very often electric issues are earth issues and this needs to be checked next i feel. I have Corsaro wiring diagram by Ebi and hope it is suitable for 9,5 too.
Br,
Vesa
TinTin
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von TinTin »

you can download the workshop manual from here, it also contains the wiring diagram for a 9 1/2
https://we.tl/t-dsaLs27Qzm
link is valid for a week
"Innamorato di vecchi motocicli Italiani"
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Thanks TinTin
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Saldo of yesterday...

Went thru wiring diagram, but it is hard to check if all earth wires are ok. Need to think this over...

As you see there is one new error. P0105 It came after i removed sensor, just for testing and put it back. No sure if i had electricity on, but this caused yellow light to come on constantly. Purchased a new sensor, but it does not help. Tested also if removing injectors does create any new errors, but no. Wonder if i have broken ECU now and all errors are cause of it. Wiring inside box checked to be ok and air valve obviously is moving and making that ticking noise.
This ecu is quite common and easy to find i guess? Hope to find one and test if my hypothesis is correct.
Dateianhänge
herjat.png
herjat.png (212.15 KiB) 7074 mal betrachtet
Br,
Vesa
jogant
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von jogant »

Hello

What kind of power supply does your diagnostic adapter cable have, only + / or + and -?
To test, connect the middle contact (earth) of the 3-pin diagnostic connector directly to battery earth.
And then try error clearing again.
If it works, then an internal ground connection in the ECU is defective.

Greetings Josef
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hi Jogant

Connecting diagnostic tool ground to battery removed errors and TPS fluctuation.
Now even measured values makes more sense. Tomorrow i will make permanent ground for ECU and try different ignition maps for good starting.

Thanks a lot!
Dateianhänge
Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 21.52.59.png
Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 21.52.59.png (244.03 KiB) 6926 mal betrachtet
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Yes

Wire from battery to ECU fixed all problems discussed. Now idle TPS is between 2-2.1 when warm. First TPS value is changed accordingly from standard 2.4 -> 1.9

Now starting is easy, idle stable and engine feels sharp.

Conclusion: if your TPS is below 2 or you have strange errors. Then you might fix it with similar wire and cleaning of contact surfaces. Cable preferably of copper as ECU obviously needs best possible ground potential. Maybe i put cable together with other ground cables, next winter (red arrow)

Now research with mapping is much easier. Plan is to further improve starting, idle, 2000-3000 smoothness, full power and especially cruising speed fuel economy.
Dateianhänge
Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 17.07.46.png
Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 17.07.46.png (233.75 KiB) 6893 mal betrachtet
Br,
Vesa
jogant
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von jogant »

Hello

Has the ground cable to the ECU housing been missing?
Then your error messages and the poor engine running were normal.

The original earth cable at the ECU is visible in the picture !? Did this cable have no connection to the battery ground?
Then you have a problem in or on the cable harness or the crimped connections of the connection eyelets.

Sorry my English is not good.

Greetings Josef
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hi

You have right. There obviously has been some problem with original ground cable, but now it is solved for ECU at least. This episode might be the root cause for the ground problem: https://www.ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic ... 421#p47421
At the moment only part i am still worried about is regulator as there must be some electrical reason why idle TPS is not 2,7.

I understand very well what you are telling, but you may use your native language if you wish, as i am using google translator for german language. And my english is nothing special either, so we are even :)
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Removing dynamo will rise TPS to 2.4 but removing regulator have no effect.

Connector of regulator is heated up (red arrow), but operational. This may be side effect of similar melt down: https://www.ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic ... 175#p53175. Cause of this i replaced connectors with straight wire and left only one connector screws (yellow arrow)

With other words. Looks like TPS value is not possible to improve much over 2.1, at least in this case, as i will not replace dynamo as it looks ok. Nothing burned there.

Any ideas appreciated.
Dateianhänge
Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 21.47.57.png
Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 21.47.57.png (247.63 KiB) 6744 mal betrachtet
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

And discussion about front cylinder right side intake valve contamination.
https://www.ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic ... 730#p54730

It would be interesting to know if we have anyone who do not have this problem as per my hypothesis problem is by design.
Br,
Vesa
Antworten

Zurück zu „9 1/2 und 1200 Sport“