Crappy original wires and cooling hoses

Alles zum jüngsten Spross im Hause

Moderator: gk

VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Crappy original wires and cooling hoses

Beitrag von VesaII »

First air pressure and temparature snsor had broken wire and now kill switch and warning blinker switch.
Original wires really are no good quality and luckily last happened while in garage and not on the road to Italy.
Now both wire sets are replaced but with different connectors and Deutsch connector is better as it is easier to assemble and disassemble
Wire used is silicone with a lot more wires in it so it is less prone to break.
Next winter other connector with wires might be replaced too...

Also cooling was leaking and some expensive Evans lost. It is now fixed with stiff hose, but you need something like 10x proper size O-rings to adjust size discrepancy on engine side.

Wires.png
Wires.png (240.33 KiB) 2110 mal betrachtet
Dateianhänge
Cooling.png
Cooling.png (242.99 KiB) 2107 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Donnerstag 28. April 2022, 09:23, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
Seinfeld
Colomi
Colomi

Re: Crappy original wires and cooling hoses

Beitrag von Seinfeld »

I had the same issue whilst preparing the 9 1/2 for the German inspection (TüV).

I noticed that the horn wasn't working and assumed a broken switch might be the problem. But after checking everything and do a lot of measuring the problem was the wiring. The wiring harness was broken on the right side in the height of the steering bearing (same place like yours).

The insulation was still OK but the strands inside were broken. Took me about 2 HRS to find that out because it depended on how the steering was placed. Once I had connection, once not.

CheeRS
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Re: Crappy original wires and cooling hoses

Beitrag von VesaII »

Guzzidiag helped me. It showed kill switching has some issues.
'Killswitch on. Cannot be started' was on all the time.
Br,
Vesa
Antworten

Zurück zu „9 1/2 und 1200 Sport“